Woke up with post-party puffy eyes? You can bid adieu to tired-looking and swollen eyes if you follow these eight quick and easy tips from Tina Patel, Optician at Feel Good Contacts .
She also offers some budget-friendly tips on how you can lift and tighten the area around your eyes:
- Witch hazel is a natural astringent with anti-inflammatory properties. It has a tightening effect on the skin which means that it is great for controlling bags and puffiness under the eyes by shrinking blood vessels. Simply soak two cotton wool balls in witch hazel and place them on closed eyes for about 10 minutes.
- Place two metal spoons in the freezer for a couple of minutes. Then place the cup of the spoons over your closed eyes for a minute. The chill will help to reduce the swelling.
- Wear chilled and used tea bags under your eyes as eye masks. The antioxidants and caffeine content will help to tighten and de-puff the eye area.
- Try chilled slices of cucumber or chilled raw potato slices over your eyes. The enzymes in potatoes will perk up your peepers
- Key to keeping puffiness and bags under your eyes at bay is to catch up on sleep. Aim for 7-8 hours.
- Drink plenty of water – you should be drinking two litres a day
- Eye bags can also be caused by allergies. Take anti-histamines.
- Try using the Thera-Pearl Eye Mask from Feel Good Contacts Priced at £8.95, this mask has been developed by eye care professionals Bausch & Lamb and can help to reduce puffiness. Designed with pearl technology, the small pearls can remain cool for long periods of time. For use, simply chill in the freezer for 2 hours then let it sit over your eyes for the doctor-recommended 20 minutes. Its pliable, face-hugging shape stays put without drips or leaks.
Feel Good Contacts
Founded in 2008, Feel Good Contacts is the leading online retailer in the UK, Ireland and France for contact lenses, eye care products, glasses and sunglasses.