Feed 4 for just £10 this Easter Sunday with a fantastic Roast Chicken lunch recipe from Idahoan Perfect Mash.
For a bountiful celebration, serve Idahoan Perfect Mash with sautéed leeks and fresh spring greens beside a whole roast chicken that has been stuffed with lemon and thyme.
Scrap peeling, banish boiling and say so-long to mashing your spuds, Idahoan Perfect Mash is made from the best potatoes in the USA. A truly delicious and effortless shortcut to tasty mashed potato, Idahoan Mash saves you mess, stress and washing up – ideal for cooking a Sunday roast.
Idahoan Perfect Mash is available from Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrisons, Waitrose, Coop and on Ocado and Amazon for RRP £1.50.
Easter Roast Chicken with Leek Mash and Spring Greens
For the chicken:
1 whole chicken
40g butter, softened
Salt and pepper
A few sprigs of thyme
For the leek mash:
1 x Idahoan Butter & Herb Perfect Mash pouch
2 leeks, finely sliced
500g spring greens, finely sliced
1 tbsp plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180c fan. Sit your chicken in a roasting dish, cut your lemon in half and place inside the cavity of the chicken along with a bunch of thyme sprigs.
- Smear your softened butter on the outside of the chicken and season generously with salt and pepper. Cover the chicken with foil (this stops the skin burning) and roast in the oven for 1 hour (or to packet instructions).
- After an hour, remove the foil and roast for another 20-30 minutes, until the skin is golden, the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Once your chicken is cooked, remove from the oven and leave to rest for 15-20 minutes. Whilst your chicken is resting, prepare your leeks by melting the 20g of butter in a frying pan on a medium heat, then adding your finely chopped leeks and sautéing for about 10 mins until soft.
- Whilst your leeks are cooking, add your spring greens to a large saucepan of boiling water and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Drain your greens, keeping the water for your gravy, then put them back into the saucepan, drizzle over a glug of olive oil and season.
- In a bowl, prepare your Idahoan Perfect Mash to packet instructions, then add your soft sauteed leeks to the mash and mix until fully combined.
- To make your gravy, mix the flour into the chicken roasting tray and place over a low heat on the hob. Slowly pour the chicken resting juices into the flour mix. Keep stirring, using a whisk to get rid of any lumps, then add water from your spring greens to loosen to your desired thickness.
- To serve, carve your chicken, take a generous spoonful of your mashed potato, add a healthy portion of spring greens, then drizzle with gravy.