Winter weather leaving your complexion a little less than glowing? You’re not alone. Temperature fluctuations, low humidity and central heating can all lead to skin sensitivity during the winter months.
Charlotte Vøhtz, founder of Green People and organic beauty guru offers her top tips on looking after your skin through the colder months and product recommendations guaranteed to leave your complexion bright and glowing, when the weather is far from it.
Winter Skincare Top tips:
- Don’t use a heavy moisturiser at night; it could prevent your skin from ridding itself of waste. If your skin feels tight or dry, use a facial oil based on jojoba and/or rosehip followed by a light serum, or try a night time treat containing natural fruit acids.
- Avoid harsh exfoliators, strong detergents and very hot water
- A soft facial cloth made from ultra-fine micro-fibres is better for the skin than a rough-textured washcloth, which can cause irritation to dry skin
- Limit alcohol and caffeine, which have a diuretic effect and can aggravate dry skin
- Keep rooms moist, by placing bowls of water by the radiators, or use a humidifier
- Always apply moisturiser to your face and neck with light, tapping upward motions, whilst the skin is still slightly damp. This helps lock in moisture and stimulates blood circulation.
For a nourishing cleanse
When the winter months draw in, treat your skin to a thorough cleanse that won’t strip away natural oils with the Ultimate Wonder Balm – £33.00 (50ml). This highly versatile multi-tasking balm is the perfect make-up melter. Enriched with 16 beauty-enhancing actives to revive and rescue dry skin, it’s scented with the warm and uplifting aroma of Jasmine, Champak Flower and Orange Peel. Enriched with Pomegranate which nourishes the skin with essential fatty acids while Rosehip regenerates and restores damaged and ageing skin. Formulated with 99% certified organic ingredients.
For locking-in moisture
The Cell Enrich Facial Oil – £40.00 (30ml) is a powerful blend of skin nutrients that effortlessly restores skin elasticity, promotes cell regeneration and reduces wrinkles. This softening, soothing oil reduces inflammation and contains Rosehip, which reduces signs of ageing. Formulated with 97% certified organic ingredients, it includes antioxidant-rich Blackcurrant Seed to boost elasticity.
For an overnight treat
Nothing feels better than waking up in the morning with a beautifully pampered complexion. This winter, treat your skin to an overnight treat with the Hydra Glow Sleep Mask – £37.00 (50ml). Enriched with 35 beauty-enhancing actives, this mask deeply moisturises and rejuvenates overnight for a nourished, youthful complexion. Green Macro Algae is rich in penta-saccharides to stimulate collagen production while Caesalpinia Spinosa delivers intense skin hydration and lasting firmness. This indulgent mask is scented with a blissful blend of warm citrus notes to clear the mind and soothe nervous tension, aiding a restful sleep.
For a full-body treat
Unlock the secret to an unrivalled skin glow and satin-soft feel with the Pure Luxe Body Oil – £27.00 (50ml). Designed to lock in moisture, firm and illuminate the skin from head to toe, this organic body oil is rich in Phospholipids and Pomegranate Oil which has powerful antioxidant properties that improve skin elasticity and nourish dry skin. Formulated with 84% certified organic ingredients and scented with uplifting Mandarin and Neroli.
For beauty from within
Care for your skin from the inside out with Green Beauty with Astaxanthin – £38.00 (60 capsules). This synergistic blend of age-defying nutrients has exceptionally strong antioxidant properties while Astaxanthin delivers a powerful rejuvenating action to support cells and prevent premature ageing. This superfood is 550 times stronger than vitamin E and 10 times stronger than beta-Carotene. These holistic capsules protect skin against the effects of pollution, UV light and free radical damage.
Available from www.greenpeople.co.uk